In trying to make myself a healthier person, I’ve started exercising again. Now I go through phases where I will exercise for a couple of weeks, but then give up. It’s because I’ve been doing it wrong, yes… you can exercise the wrong way. When people start to exercise for the first time in a while, they tend to over-do it, as I found myself doing. Here are some pointers to have an efficient exercise plan:
- Stretch before exercising- This is crucial, you need to stretch those muscles and warm them up before exercising to avoid excruciating muscle cramps.
- Work out with a friend- It’s a very good motivating factor.
- Don’t overdo it- This is crucial! Don’t expect yourself to be able to run 5 miles, or bike for 2 hours at the beginning. This is a sure way to fail and burn yourself out. Over time as you keep exercising, you’ll be able to increase the intensity of your workouts.
- Vary your workout schedule- Doing the same exercises everyday can get boring, and people are more likely to skip out on the same type of workout more often. Switch it up. Go biking one day, and running the next. Just keep it fun!
- Set and write down your goals- Be realistic though, don’t expect to lose 20 pounds in one week. Technically it’s only healthy to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week.
If you keep these tips in mind, you’ll have a better exercising experience.